Search This Blog

Monday 4 July 2011

WYNDHAM PARK UPPER PLAYGROUND & SKATE PARK MAINTENANCE

Today I had a reply back from Cllr John Smith to advise that there is no funding left in the Playbuilder scheme for Wyndham Park to have new equipment. The good news is that the council will be repairing the existing roundabout. No funding has been allocated to maintain the popular Skate Park which is totally reliant on donations.

The whole upper playground could do with a revamp. I have asked Cllr Smith to identify some funds for the playground, and I will keep an eye out in the meanwhile. I have also asked to be kept informed of progress of repairs to the equipment which has been removed because there is no guarantee the funds will be made available. It all depends on the cost of repairs and funds. I stated in my email to Cllr Smith that despite the need for an upgrade the Upper Playground "...is still a popular haunt of local young people, and adventurous toddlers who prefer the larger slide."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome...