Search This Blog

Friday 11 November 2011

Shirley Croft Hotel - Letter to Journal Responding to Councillor Cook

Dear Sir/Madam
 
In the Journal Letters, Friday 28th October, Councillor Mike Cook stated that I was the only person speaking on behalf of saving Shirley Croft Hotel at the Development Control Meeting. For the record in total 49 people contacted South Kesteven District Council planning officers to protest at the loss of Shirley Croft Hotel. Only one wrote in support of the proposed development. I spoke in my capacity as Ward Councillor and campaigner on behalf of a number of local people, including neighbouring residents who wanted to see development plans scaled down. This at least, was achieved in the end.
 
Sometimes, it is important to stand up for what you think is right even if the odds are against you. I would like to thank everyone who tried to stop the loss of this lovely historic building and for the supportive comments I have received out and about. I would also like to thank everyone who has committed to continue working with me to save other buildings and trees facing a similar fate.
 
We will all need to come together to protect and conserve Grantham's heritage.
 
Cllr Charmaine Morgan (Labour)
St Anne's Ward
South Kesteven District Council
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome...